Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Oh Sleep How I Miss You

Sunset very peaceful. 


My sweet friend and I hiked down to the lake
sat on a log and solved the world's problems. 
So good for the soul.


It was husband's birthday Sunday so we went out to breakfast. The 
day was pretty and breezy.

It's strawberry season they are sweet and juicy and I just can't get enough. (a quick recipe evaporated sweetened condensed milk with chopped  frozen strawberries throw in a blender and put in the freezer to finish freezing in a short time yummy ice cream.) But I like them warm and fresh from the fields.

My rose bush just keeps blooming and the smell is heavenly.

Tomorrow night we get our sweet B over night I am so excited.
She loves this bear (Hattie) that was her mom's 
We also are babysitting their very ancient dog but he seems to be doing just fine. 
I one the other hand am not sleeping just 4 to 5 hours a night.
I have tried it all. One benadryl is not enough 2 make me so foggy all the next day I barely can function. I have cut out coffee, chocolate etc. I seem to go in cycles with this but really this is as bad as it has ever been for this long. So at night when I wake up I just wander the house or read. I am really not feeling all that great from lack of sleep but this too shall pass (soon I hope)
I hope you are enjoying your summer
Happy 4th of July!!!!

6 comments:

WoolenSails said...

There is nothing like a hike and relaxing by the water to rejuvntate ourselves and put things in perspective.
I hope you can get some sleep so you can enjoy your time with Miss B. I didn't get much at camp with Bill's snoring, worse than ever, but I lay in bed even if i am not sleeping, I am resting and that kept me going.

Debbie

Rugs and Pugs said...

So sorry about your lack of sleep. I hope you are back to normal soon.
That recipe sounds yummy and your roses are beautiful. That is one plant I have no luck with.
Enjoy your Miss B time.
Happy 4th to you, too.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Judy said...

10 mg of the natural Melatonin at bed time.
Works nicely and no grogginess the next morning.
I'd be lost without it!

Julia said...

I'm lacking sleep too and iI don't like having to take a nap when I should be out there working.
I hope that you can get some sleep. Maybe I should take Melatonin too. I'm sure Miss B. is all excited to come to your place.
We're having rain showers every day and it's hard to get anything done outside, especially the haying.

Love roses, mine are also blooming. The backyard smells heavenly.

Have a great weekend Cathy and enjoy your cute little Miss B.
Smiles & hugs,
Julia

yaya said...

I go in spurts with not sleeping. Seems like the more tired I am the harder it is to get my brain to slow down! Hope you find a solution quick. Happy birthday to your hubby. I love the fresh strawberries too but it's kind of hard to find them here because we had a frost that made the harvest few and far between. Hope you have a good weekend!

Prims By The Water said...

I hope you get some sleep soon so you can enjoy your visit with Miss B. I wish I could have roses,,but alas the snakes like the thorns they have. Cannot have anything with thorns. They like to shed their skin on thorny shrubs and roses here. I know..had to get rid of some. Janice