Sunday, August 28, 2016

I made it...

this is my dump haul this week, pretty good huh!

These hand blown glasses all 6 for 3.00 at the thrift store.
We had so many mix matched glasses I was happy to clean out.

I made this tart for breakfast before my company left on Wed.
it is cheese, tomato, and bacon yummm!

This is the first weekend we haven't had something to do in a long time so I cooked. This is eggplant parm that I cooked with a sauce I made from my tomatoes. It turned out so good if I do say so myself. 

I made pickles from our lots and lots of cucumbers.

And we took a little ride today to King Arthur Flour in Vermont.
It is their flagship store so it is completely amazing.
I bought lots and lots of good things. Even though it is only an
hour from me I haven't been in a couple of years. I splurged on a
popover pan. I made some for dinner tonight, David was not sorry about the splurge.
***
I have been hooking a bit but it is still hot and humid here.
I have a couple of weeks and then I am headed out to star Island for an amazing retreat.
I hope you are all enjoying the last of the summer
 I noticed that it is getting darker much earlier, boo hoo.

7 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

The days are changing much too quickly. Darker in the morning and sunset today is 8:07pm. I'm not a happy camper.
Glad you had time to do something fun this weekend. They seem to be over in an eye blink.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed seeing your pics. Yummy dish and pickle.

Saundra said...

I could indulge in all the food you showed as they all look delicious. Looks like you've been a busy woman this week. Looking forward to seeing what you are hooking.

The Paisley Studio/Sarah McNamara said...

I want to go to the dump with you! Sarah

Farm Girl said...

What wonderful goodies you found and ate. Those pickles made my mouth water.
It sounds like a very nice weekend.
Not much hooking here either, I am getting ready though to break out that hook. I miss it now that its a tad cooler.
Have a great week.

yaya said...

I just noticed last night that it was fairly dark by 8:30...so sad. That's the biggest regret I have when it comes to Fall and Winter. I don't mind the changes except for the time. This has been such a hot and humid summer and we're expecting some cooler temps by the end of the week. I hope to have a fire in the pit on Friday! It's just been too hot to do much of that. Enjoy those delish pickles and your amazing other delights...I'm trying to knock a few pounds off and your post has made me hungry!

WoolenSails said...

I miss the days when our dump was a real dump, lol.
I got my first bike, my dad found it and fixed it up so it looked brand new.
Wanted to come up this week but it seems all the camps are full and would cost double to rent something, so might do a staycation.

Debbie