Monday, July 6, 2015

Our Time Away

The sun rose on our few days in Maine at the beach.

When the sun shines they will come.

But who could blame them it was just beautiful. We stayed at a friend's beach house so we felt very lucky to be there.

The moon was so beautiful setting on the water each nigh.
But as always time to go home. I took a couple of extra couple days so today bright and early we headed to...


Storyland!


Where Miss B drove the family around.

Where we took silly selfies while waiting for a little show to begin.
We had all been soaked on some of the rides so we were looking a bedraggled. It was good to spend the day with my daughter and Miss B!

We had some things bloom while we were away. 
my one and only Hollyhock.


My fairy roses are just loaded with flowers and buds.


This little planter by my back door looks great too.

And my porch my sweet sweet porch! It is done and we are just putting things back in their place and weeding out what just doesn't work anymore for us. it is just beautiful if I do say so myself.
***
I hope your holiday was a great one and was shared with friends or family.

6 comments:

WoolenSails said...

It looks like you had a nice time at the beach and nice to have a friend let you stay.
My sister has a place in the outer banks, but too far to go unless we have at least a week.
Love your porch, wish mine was enclosed, would love to have one for all year.

Debbie

Rugs and Pugs said...

What wonderful pictures. Looks like a fun time at the beach and a day spent with Miss B.
I just love your porch.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Julia said...

Cathy, your vacation in Maine sounds very relaxing even though you got soaked on the rides. Right now I sure could use a couple of days of vacation too.... Pretty Miss B. has grown so fast. What a blessing she is to both of you...

Your porch and flowers are beautiful. It will be so nice sitting in the screened porch to sip a cool drink on a warm day.Enjoy...

Hugs,
JB

yaya said...

I soooo want to go to Maine! And I will one day and I hope the sun is shining and the lobster rolls are fresh! Looks like a wonderful 4th and I hope to see the finished porch too! Fun selfies and cuties too! I've tried to grow Hollyhocks but never have had success...yours is lovely!

moosecraft said...

What a beautiful Summer you are enjoying! I'd sure LOVE to have a nice porch like yours! :-)

Judy said...

How wonderful!