Monday, September 1, 2014

Life Is So Busy

I have been picking blackberries like crazy trying to keep ahead of the bear that takes a short cut through our yard often. I may try to
make jelly soon. 

I had my women's group over last Wed.
We were talking about how busy life is and then someone says
"busy doing what?". It got very quiet and then we decided we
made it busy because we are all of an age that our children are grown.

How sweet is my husband helping me get things together for 
my women's group! He felt bad I had to work so much last
week that he really stepped up and helped me pull things together,
including arranging flowers.

I bought some wild blueberries the nice small ones so sweet
and good. I have been making blueberry muffins and 
peach and blueberry cobbler for my friend that dropped in for tea.

We did get to kayak and watch a mother loon
teaching her young one how to dive.

And of course our sweetie Miss B! We went to the lake
with my daughter, son in law and of course miss B.
***
On Friday we went to a concert in the gazebo in town and watched the fire works over the lake after.
On Saturday we went to a little restaurant that brings in live talent
and enjoyed a girl we had heard before. 
On Sunday we saw Miss B and today I had to work. Busy!
***
I am not sleeping well at all. I envy all of you that have no trouble
sleeping. Tonight when we were taking our walk after dinner I felt 
so tired right down to my bones. So early to bed, I think I will have to break down and take something. 
Now all I need to do is hit the lottery then I can free up time by quitting work. 

12 comments:

Julia said...

You sounds so much like me. I work my body to the bones and they are aching right now. I worked from sun up to sunset many days. Busy lives seems to be the norm for me too. When I stop to rest a few minutes I check followers blogs and that's about all the rest I get.

Those blueberry muffins looks so inviting with a nice cuppa, makes me forget how tired I am.

It's nice hubby helps you get things ready for you. Miss B is really growing.

A day at the lake sounds perfect.

Hugs,
JB

P.J. said...

How sweet of your hubby! Your lunch and muffins look scrumptious! Glad you had some fun time on and in the water this summer. :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend. Let me know how you do with that lottery plan! :)

I hope you rest well tonight.
~Liz

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's awful to be so tired but unable to sleep. It's frustrating. I hope you get over it and can sleep good tonight. LOVE the blackberries and blueberries, too. I eat a few on my oatmeal every morning. Enjoy your week! Hugs!

Rugs and Pugs said...

AW. What a sweet hubby!!!
Sounds like you had a busy weekend but so full of fun stuff.
Yes, I think we create our "busy-ness", but I am not one to sit and do nothing. I would go absolutely stir crazy and going crazy for me is a pretty short trip...lol.
Hugs :)
Lauren

WoolenSails said...

I think we busy ladies have trouble sleeping because our minds won't shut down at night, lol. I read myself to sleep.

Debbie

Kim said...

It's a busy time of year. Trying to cram everything in to the last moments of summer. Take a little sleep helper for a couple of nights. It might get you back on track

Nellie said...

You have to work hard to pick the blackberries before the bear gets to them! We grown some thornless and also have several blueberry bushes. It is really easy to become very busy. I have to make myself take time to stop now and then.

newburyarts said...

*****are you going to the hook-in by searsport rugs? summer certainly did fly by!!!

Willow said...

Looks like your days are full and your helping husband is definitely a keeper !
Nice fresh cut flowers on the counter.
My auto immune disease has been wreaking havoc with my sleep lately as well , makes things rough doesn't it.
Here's to the sand man bringing you some restful slumber.

jody said...

You have been busy! So nice to see Dave feeling well and helping u out! Your grandbabe is such a doll and now a toddler! Enjoy each day!!

Saundra said...

Yummy, those muffins look so inviting. Yes, you've a keeper of a hubby for sure.

Saundra