Sunday, September 28, 2014

Before And After!

I am not sure if you remember this dump find. I had all the plans in the world of keeping it but no room...

And this is how it came out!

He put on locking wheels and chalk paint on the front.

Finished off the back and put one large board on the top also a dump find. Don't you just love it!

around the fourth of July I hit a yard sale and purchased this butter churn that had seen better days,it was 10.00.

Behind this wire frame is an old bread board that sorta matched it. Also at the same yard sale!

Ta Da! it is now a coffee table!
The top is attached and then we wiped it down with 
a restorer and it matches almost perfect.

We have the back that was badly warped but I love
that it can be used for magazine or wool!

It's a keeper! I love it to much to let husband sell it.

We have been having summer like temps 80's!
So we loaded up the kayaks and hit two different ponds today.

I completely fell in love with this pond it is a working man's pond
No huge million dollar homes. Just lovely camps.

I think husband loved it as much as I did. It is clear as a bell
no motors just lovely.

Then off to the next town and the next pond.
It is called a bog but huge. and beautiful.

And as you can see the colors are coming into their full beauty.
Lots of exercise today so I will be ready for bed early.
***
Have a great week everyone!

8 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Oh, I do love your butter churn/coffee table. Perfect. Such a clever hubby.
Your pond pictures are stunning. I love the reflections in the water.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Saundra said...

Love your butter churn and it is a much larger one than the one I have. Mine could have been adapted to an end table perhaps. You sure do come up with some great finds.

Saundra

yaya said...

What a great job of restoring and saving something that would probably have ended up in a land fill! I love the cabinet and also your butter churn turned coffee table...very clever! I can see that Fall has fallen by you also! You live in such a beautiful area. We've had warm temps too...summer finally arrives in Fall! Ha! Love that Mother Nature's sense of humor! Have a good week!

WoolenSails said...

Love what you did with your finds, really creative repurposing. Beautiful ponds and love the foliage, we are just getting some here.

Debbie

Judy said...

The dump finds are wonderful--aren't you glad Husband is handy at wood working? The pond and colors are gorgeous--you are a bit ahead of us here in Lower Michigan, but we will soon be even and then...we can get involved in posting who has the most snow and highest drifts, ARGGH!!

Julia said...

Wow!, your hubby can work marvels with your dump finds. I love what he did with the butter churn and the cabinet. He's a professional and does a great job.

My goodness those lake scenes are breathtaking beautiful especially this time of year.

Hugs,
JB

Mugwump Woolies said...

Beautiful pics...love seeing the leaves!
Robyn

Krafty Connie said...

I love your re-purposing of the items and you did a great job! Really cool!