Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Oh Deer A Long Post

My hosta is in full glory, these leaves
are at least 2Xs the size of my hand.

Then the deer found my garden!
The first time in 26 years they have raided
my garden.

I got the cat planter and planted his butt
with hens and chicks. Not sure why I think it's cute.


I had my women's group last night so I made this 
pumpkin cake. Do not make this cake if you 
are trying to drop weight. It is made from a cake mix
with pumpkin, and pudding added, sooo yummmy.

Trying to clean out the frig and I came up with this
hamburger pizza thing. It really was great. It has hamburger,
refrigerator rolls,pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. 

Yes I went back into the the dye pot.

I had a plan...

This is how it came out, the wool is soaking wet
so I think it will be good. The green I dyed I can't seem
to get a good picture of, it is much lighter than I wanted.

I ordered these from Lauren to give as a gift
and now I can't part with them. So yes Lauren, I will
be ordering more. 

I especially love this one! Go on over and order
your set from rugs and pugs.
****
I have gone on long enough have a great week!
It is motorcycle week here so thousands and thousands of them will be in the area
I plan on staying close to home and wait for them to leave.
*****

7 comments:

Julia said...

The deers sure had their way with your garden, how annoying. I hope you can replant or maybe you won't need to. One year the deers ate the top of my daughter beans but the came back fuller and full of beans.

Yummy looking cake and pizza. Congratulations on your dyeing job. The red looks great even wet.

Lauren's magnificent garden markers are beautiful and I don't blame you for wanting to keep them..

Have a good rest of the week.
Hugs,
JB

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Sorry the deer found your Garden! At least you know they went to bed with full tummies! Ha!
I love your little cat planter!
Erica :)

Cathy G. said...

Hi Cathy,
It's a shame the deer found your garden! Gosh they will eat about anything! Hopefully some things will still grow.
I'm wondering if you are using enough dye when you are dyeing wool? If the formula seems weak after mixing with boiling water try adding a bit more. You can also dye a smaller amount of wool and achieve the same results. I have been doing a LOT of dyeing here lately and it's a learning experience for sure! But so fun when what you wanted actually comes out of that pot!!
Carry on and have fun!!
Hugs!!
Cathy G

Rugs and Pugs said...

I feel your pain. Not oh, deer, but DAMN DEER!!! They are nothing but large rats. They started munching in my yard last night and I live in the city!!! Last night it was sweet potato vine, geraniums and pansies. I am NOT a happy camper.
You are so sweet to give my garden markers a shout out. Thank you, dear friend.
Hugs :)
Lauren

WoolenSails said...

We put up a chicken wire fence, found plants trampled and the rabbits were eating the tops off my green beans, while they were growing, so the fence helps.

Debbie

Judy said...

I love the cat planter!!! I think my succulents are getting too wet with all this rain and not enough hot sun. I keep moving them to keep them from getting wet and hunting for a 12 sun spot. Alas and alack!! I love the red dye!!

Primitive Stars said...

Oh to bad about your plants, guess the deer could not resist. That pizza looks sooo good, now I need one. ....Love the garden markers from Lauren, beautiful...Blessings Francine.