Thursday, May 22, 2014

Gardens

I wish I could say this is my garden...

But it is not.....

These beautiful gardens are my next door neighbors.
They invited us to sit on their porch and enjoy the gardens for awhile when we were taking a walk.

We took it as long as we could with the black flies eating 
us to pieces. and decided to go on with our walk. I really love our road it is so pretty and peaceful..

I got a new magazine with out paying the cover price!
We sell used magazines at the store and someone dropped this off today it is current and I got it for 1.00!
There are some months we sell between 30-50 magazines 
Ok on to the zucchini crust recipe.
I will tell you it is not super quick but super easy.
It comes from This website when I made it I made two 
smaller ones from the same recipe and it is very yummy.

Zucchini Pizza Crust

Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 3
A healthy zucchini pizza crust!

ingredients
  • 4 cups zucchini, shredded
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
  • 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
  • 1 teaspoon oregano or Italian seasoning
  • salt and pepper to taste
directions
  1. (optional) Microwave the zucchini on high for 6 minutes, let cool, place it in a tea towel and squeeze as much moisture out as you can.
  2. Mix the zucchini, egg, mozzarella, parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper, press the mixture onto a baking mat or parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated 450F oven until lightly golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.

Note: Step 1 is optional and the recipe will work without doing it but it helps make it easier to remove the moisture from the zucchini. If you use raw zucchini the bake time for the crust will be closer to 20 minutes than 15.
Note: You can add 1/4 cup flour, or rice flour, or almond flour, etc. to the zucchini mixture which will help make the crust stronger but it also makes it a little bit tougher.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 130, Fat 8g (Saturated 4g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 75mg, Carbs 6g (Fiber 2g, Sugars 3g), Protein 11g

********************************************************************************
Have a great weekend!

13 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

Your neighbor's garden is beautiful - she has a way with things that grow...the crust look a yummy too. A friend posted about making a cauliflower crust. Both are interesting and new ideas to me.

Kim said...

I have garden envy. Beautiful

Julia said...

Nice rock gardens and so colorful. A feast for the eyes.

I love zucchini and I'll probably try this sometimes when they are in season.
Thanks for the recipe.
Hugs,
JB

Rugs and Pugs said...

Oh, just love that phlox {?} growing between the boulders.
That crust sounds yummy!
I took tomorrow off for an extra long weekend and am heading down to "play" with Melinda of Merry Wind Farm for a quick overnighter. I hope we get a chance to be bad...lol!
Happy Memorial Day to you and hubby.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Primitive Stars said...

Oh I love those gardens, so beautiful. Yummy pizza, thanks for the recipe. Enjoy your weekend, Blessings Francine.

P.J. said...

What a lovely garden; nice walk! Thank you for sharing the recipe. Can't wait to try it and share with my daughter. :)

WoolenSails said...

I wish I had the time and energy to do gardens in my yard, but between the cost of plants and my achy body, I am sticking with porch plants, lol. I do need to get my garden ready, will just do tomatoes and green beans, that is enough for me.

Debbie

Judy said...

Oh My!! The gardens!!!

Mugwump Woolies said...

What a lovely road for a walk! Beautiful flowers!
Have a great weekend,
Robyn

BumbleBeeLane said...

So glad you shared the recipe. Beautiful gardens! I'm a magazine junkie so I'd probly buy them all. Have a great weekend! Amy

The Wool Cupboard said...

Lucky you, Cathy! You get to look at your neighbor's beautiful gardens and you don't have to pull one single weed...LOVE that!

The zucchini crust looks delicious! May have to try that one:0)

Linda

svelteSTUFF said...

What a WIN~WIN...
Quality mags for a buck AND free neighboring gardens to enjoy ;-)!
Now, I'm going to PIN that awesome zuch recipe! THANKS!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's such a beautiful time of year! I hope you're having a fun June so far! I sure would love to try that recipe, too! Hugs, Diane