Wednesday, August 8, 2012

So Many Blessings

Well he did it again! I came home Monday and he was in the middle of cooking a beautiful meal. It was veal with orzo and a fresh carrot dish it was soo good.

We cleaned up and headed into town for the Monday night concert in the park.
We live in a resort area so there is music every week in the summer.

Then tonight we went for an ice cream for dinner and then to the park in
 the next town for a fun night of 50's music.
***
Last night my amazing 2 friends took me out to dinner for my birthday.
we chatted and caught up on all that was happening.
I have many blessings in my life and my friends are at the top of the list.

Last weekend I bought a book for a quarter ( The girl who kicked the hornets nest)
A guy I know wanted it and traded me a 20.00 gift certificate to a local pizza place for it.
I got the better end of the deal. Hmmm what should I trade this for??? I guess it will be
a pizza:)
***
I have nothing going this weekend so I plan to clean the house top to bottom
and maybe get out in the kayak.
***
The young man I asked prayers for still is in dire need of them. They can not seem to pinpoint
what is wrong with him he  needs answers and a treatment I pray soon.
***
Yes'm old friends is always best, 'less you can catch a new one that's fit to make an old one out of.
         Sarah Orne Jewett

15 comments:

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

You are a lucky girl to be married to a gourmet cook! Sounds like you folks had a wonderful evening too! Enjoy the weekend!

Mary

Sweet Tea said...

"Ice Cream for dinner" - Love that!
You've had some fun times recently and did a good job celebrating your birthday. Great times!

Pat said...

Yes...you got the better part of that deal. Wishing I could get Lou to cook once in a while.

newburyarts said...

*****any pizza is a GOOD pizza!!!

Primitive Stars said...

Hello Cathy, your meal sounds yummy and the evening in the park also. Sending more prayers up. hope he can find relief soon.Blessings Francine.

Saundra P said...

Yes, many blessings indeed. And lets hope that young man is blessed with a diagnosis and recovery soon.

Saundra

Balisha said...

Veal with orzo...I'm impressed! It sounds like you live in a fun town. I would love to have music in the park.
Happy birthday, birthday girl....and many more.
Balisha

~Sara said...

Sounds like a happy life! Enjoy! Blessings for many more! ~Sara

yaya said...

So fun and a delish meal on top of it! What a guy! We have free concerts every Thurs. and Sunday night in our park...there's an awesome bandshell there. You got a good deal with the pizza..Enjoy!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Lucky you He's a keeper!

jody said...

how great to come home to a great meal! yum! you better keep that man of yours!! fun to have live music out doors..my favorite is pizza! will send some thoughts and prayers for your young man... enjoy

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

I have to say your sweet hubby is turning out to be the best guy in the world to have around. haha
Your nights sound so wonderful. I love where you live.
Speaking of which my daughter has decided on us going north instead of south while we are in Portland. I was looking forward to seeing you and Portsmouth and of course I wanted to see Vermont but not to be this trip.
I do hope we still talk on the phone soon.
Love
Maggie

Stacy said...

Many blessings! Love the trade.

DearHelenHartman said...

WOW, ice cream is always a good menu choice! The concerts look fun and that pizza deal, brilliant trade.

Nellie said...

What a wonderful treat to come home to a gourmet meal!

Enjoy that gift certificate! Yum!