Monday, August 13, 2012

All Buttoned Up..

I went to one yard sale and got this tin filled with

Buttons, Buttons,

and more Buttons. All for 2.00 yeah! It was funny I went to pick up what I thought was just a tin
and it was heavy and I had a hard time opening it, the woman standing next to me
was trying to see what was in it. I peeked in and closed the cover. She stamps her foot
and says now you have to tell me what is in that! I told her:) I had to ask for a price
so the man that was running between tables said oh give me 2.00 ok!

and this little creamer. I use them for cream, maple syrup, and any kind of sauce.
for .50 cents

A certain someone wanted to know how my rug is going so here it is.
The background has a bit more brown than it shows.
I am hand cutting so it is slow going and it has been humid.
***
We went to see Larry the cable guy on Sunday he is crude and rude but I couldn't help but laugh.
***
I don't know if you have noticed but the sun is setting earlier and earlier boo hoo.
while it has been a humid summer I will be sorry to see it go.
***
I must govern the clock, not be governed by it.

17 comments:

Sunny Simple Life said...

My mom always had a tin of buttons. I wish I still had it. Not sure what happened to it when we cleaned out the house.

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

I love your rug! I really want to try my hand at this...might need to get some tips from you.
Great job on finding those buttons!
Erica :)

newburyarts said...

*****the cat is really cute...but who is that someone that's asking??? any more leaves chaning in your neck of the woods???

woollylottrugs said...

What a great find Cathy. I LOVE buttons. Big jars full of them!! You rug is looking great. Nice pattern!!

hugs
cyndi

Trace4J said...

I love buttons.
You have a tin of pure happiness to me. Your rug is really pretty.
Great job.
Joy
Trace


www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cathy ~
Great deal on the tin of buttons!
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your kitty rug! Whose pattern is it? What size is it?
I, too, am not ready for this summer to end (in spite of the heat, humidity and dryness!). It is now dark in both the morning and evening when I walk Annie. Boo hoo!
Hugs :)
Lauren

annie said...

I love buttons, I think I would have been stamping my foot wanting to buy it !

Saundra P said...

Oh but I love buttons and have also purchased tins of them. And have some in those old see thru glass jars in my sewing room.

Cute cat pattern and must be a spin off of the antique version of the cat with mouse...CUTE.

Saundra

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

I love that new rug, too! And yes, on the way home from the lake Sunday night, we said the same thing ~ it's getting dark earlier ~ sad to see summer come to an end! But ~ I do love Fall and all that goes with it!

Rebecca said...

Great find! I have a tin that was my grandmother's that is filled with buttons like that. And I love that the tin says Happy Day! :)

Your rug is coming along beautifully!

Balisha said...

I was a collector of buttons years ago. I did a lot of crafts using buttons. Little Christmas trees with buttons hanging in place of ornaments were very popular. Your rug is looking wonderful. Now that the weather is getting cooler, you should be able to work on it more comfortably.
Balisha

yaya said...

I did a post on buttons last week! I have my tin. I thought when I was reading this that somebody will probably find my tin at a garage sale after I'm long gone! I made bracelets out of some of them and it turned out cute...now you can make some too!

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I've noticed the sun setting earlier too. I don't mind though the autumn is my most favorite season. Great tin of buttons.

Kim said...

LOL The woman stamped her foot? Too funny. I wouldn't have told her just to see her face!
I think every house has a button jar or box. You could make some cute bracelets with them.

Rose H (UK) said...

Fabulous finds! Buttons :o))
Rose H
xx

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Cathy, great finds, love thew old tin with buttons, yahoo!!! The little jug is sweet and your rug is wonderful. Blessings Francine.

Dog Trot Farm said...

Who does not love an old tin filled with buttons? good score Cathy. I am ready for Fall, I've had enough of this hot humid weather, I get a migraine and nothing gets accomplished around here. I love your rug, it is coming along nicely. Glad to read David continues to do well, blessings to you, Julie.