Friday, August 17, 2012

A Very Busy Week..

It has been a busy week lots of fun but I am tired. On Wed a good friend and I
went for Italian and a catch up. On Thur I went to our women's group we all bring something
I found a recipe from Rachel Ray that I thought would work. It was a big hit  so light and fresh.

I got in the thrift store today as you can see I got a new talbot blouse it is pale violet and the
fabric is lovely new 79.50 Now you know that a new blouse like that you can't get for
.50 cents or a 1.00

No it was 3.00
A movie for 1.00 that we will likely watch this winter.
Speaking of winter we are having a cool down tonight yahoo.
I am tired of the humid weather. That is not normal for us to have so much.
***
We were up at 4am this morning heading to Boston. David is having a little blip
and they will take blood next week and decide what to do.
the Dr has stressed that it is not a health crisis so I am trying to take a big breath
and pray it will be ok.
When we were in the parking garage we met up with David's cute young nurse that
he had most of the time while he was in the hospital. Now that was last November granted
he was there a month but how many patients since has she seen. She recognized us right away with big hugs David kept saying how nice it was she remembered us. (It could have been his big drawer of candy she remembered:)
***
A busy weekend ahead David's brother and bone marrow donor and his wife are coming for an
over night. We always have fun good food,play cards and a little kayaking.
On sunday we are seeing Miss B can't wait.
***
Let us not look backin anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness.
                                             James Thurber

13 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Nothing like thrifting successfully! I hope all the medical issues come out on the good side!

Kim said...

Good luck with the blip. How sweet the nurse remembered you. That's how you tell the health care workers who truly care about their patients versus the ones just putting in time.

Pat said...

You always seem to find the best deals. Glad you had a great week and happy your husband is doing well. Have a great weekend!

jody said...

well sounds like you are always keeping busy! a great thrift shop find! love thrift shops... our weather too is cooler and not as humid. ispent most the day in the garden...love it! enjoy your weekend

BumbleBeeLane said...

Will send up a little prayer all is well with your hubby.The salad looks yummy.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Julia said...

Great finds, so sorry about David having a bump on the road to recovery. I hope that everything will be good.
It's nice to be able to live in the present and enjoy life as much as possible. Hugs & Prayers, JB

yaya said...

I love when a week is busy but also crammed with fun stuff! Great buy on that blouse! I never find bargains like that..probably because I don't look hard enough! Enjoy your weekend with family and I'll keep David in my prayers that all goes well in Boston.

Saundra said...

I thrift shop for clothing too but have never come out with a deal like the one you got gurlfren!

Love the look of your fantabulous recipe and can identify onion, corn, tomato and is that pasta? canenilli beans? Would love the recipe.

Saundra

Mugwump Woolies said...

Hope all goes well...take good care!
Robyn

Stacy said...

I hope the little blip is mine. Your husband must have been a good patient. It's always nice to be remembered.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cathy ~
Prayers coming that the blip is a minor one!
Great find.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Rose H (UK) said...

Beautiful blouse and such a great price!
Good to catch-up with friends :o)
Hope the'blip' is soon sorted, David is in my thoughts.
Have a great family time together!
Rose H
xx

Judy said...

Hope David's blip can be corrected easily and simply! I love clothes from Talbot's--should say, I used to, when I worked and could afford them.