Wednesday, May 16, 2012

K.I.S.S.

Keeping It So Simple
I am enjoying a cup of tea in my newest handmade mug.
I love collecting them in all shapes,colors and sizes. You always know what mug is yours at my house.

My Lily of the valley smells so sweet by the walkway.

My pottery mushrooms were a gift from my mother.
I miss her more every day.

And this is our big summer plan. My daughter said we will be as big as a house.
I plan on pacing myself. It lists all the ice cream places in NH with lots of coupons.
***
As I am typing this we are having our first Thunder storm of the summer.
Lighting struck our house the first month we moved in, Soooo a little nervous.
***
Our trip to the Dr's today was good David is still struggling to get his strength back.
We have to go back in 2 weeks not the 3 we usually go.
Some of his tests were a little off.
***
Thanks for reading my simple little post
***
The reason lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place is the same place isn't there the second time
                                                                   Willie Tyler

13 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cathy ~
I love your pottery mushrooms. What a wonderful treasure from your dear mom! I know what you mean about missing her.
Prayers and hugs to you and David.
Lauren

Shara said...

Sending lots of good thought out to you both - I know this has not been easy.

Making ice cream sounds like an excellent summer plan!

woollylottrugs said...

Hi Cathy,
I had to laugh at your last post about Ben Cartwright. I thought I was the only person around that still watches that show!! I'm really happy that David is doing ok right now. Hope it gets better for him. Always enjoy your posts!

hugs
cyndi

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Love the mug!! Your flowers look beautiful!!Warm wishes for your family!!

Saundra said...

Tie that man to a chair so he doesn't overdo himself. Your new mug is delightful and great color mix.

Lightening struck the house?? Lordy I'd have been petrified.

Saundra

Tammy's in Love said...

Good morning! I'm the new funny faced follower. I read back a few posts and see that you are going thru trials...not sure what has happened to your David but I will add his name to my prayer list.

Tammy

annie said...

Hang on ! You can do it! You can! You can! Cheering both opf us on right now!

Rose H (UK) said...

Your mugis lovely Cathy, and so are your mushrooms - I havesome in my garden too, bought for me by my late aunt.
So pleased David is continiuing to improve :o)
Rose H
xx

jody said...

love your new mug and love ice cream too! i continue to send thoughts and prayers always! enjoy your evening!

Julia said...

I love your big mug and those garden mushroom from your mom.

Sorry that David's test were off but the road to recovery is a rough one. I hope that there are better days ahead.

Prayers & hugs to both of you.

DearHelenHartman said...

The cup is just precious. Ice cream and summer are made for each other, so why not?

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Your little post is very nice.
I do hope David gets his strength back and has a good report this next time around.
I too miss my mom more everyday.
Unfortunately lightening does strike twice in the same place. It has happened to several people I know one was my Aunt. She lived but was seriously injured.
Have a great weekend
Love
Maggie

Dog Trot Farm said...

Cathy, thank you for the kind comment in regard to my new grandson, I am hopelessly in love. I hope David is regaining his strength with each passing day. Thinking of you both, Hugs Julie. PS.. I once had a dream I was married to Ben Cartwright.