Sunday, December 18, 2011

Oh Nuts...

Look who showed up for breakfast with us this morning! This is a very fuzzy picture but he ate at our feeder that is near the window. Every time I moved to take a picture he would fly down to the post on the deck.                                                                                                                                             
 I am linking up with house in the Roses to show off what I have been busy making.
 Can you guess what it is?

Now do you know? Yep it is a walnut I gold leafed. I got the gold leaf at the dump and a few weeks later I got the glue brand new that goes with it. Ahh good dump picking days.( Not much at all the past few weeks.)

You open it up and look inside and find a token of friendship. I love that it is golden on the outside but rustic and natural inside. I found the directions in one of Martha Stewart's Christmas books. I am warming up my glue gun I used tacky glue but it didn't hold that great. 
We stayed in Sat and watched Christmas movies again. I knitted a little it was nice and relaxing.
I found the turner classic movie channel again (they moved the channels around) and found Holiday with Katherine Hepburn that came on very late but I just had to stay up and watch, so glad I did. I loove old movies and Katherine Hepburn is one of my favorites.
Miss Baby had to go to the hospital last night she has croup, poor Miss Baby we skyped before bed last night and she seemed fine, it came on during the night.
Today we went for a ride and found places with the most amazing views. It was nice to get out of the house for a little while.I have to say I find this holiday the most relaxing ever. We are enjoying the lights, and the movies. A little shopping on line. We do miss the parties but we will be taking a page from this Christmas for Christmas's to come, joy comes in being still.

Earth's crammed with heaven....Elizabeth Barrett Browning

15 comments:

Kim said...

Someday I want to go to your dump. Wow! I hope Miss Baby is better tonight. It is to relax through the holidays vs run through them!

Cathy G. said...

Isn't it great living in and enjoying each moment! That cardinal takes the breath away!
I love your walnut ornament.... I love things that open and hold little messages!
I think that dump is still being good to you!! LOL!
Merrie Christmas to you and David!
Cathy G

( hope little Miss Baby is doing better!)

Larkrise garden girl said...

Poor Miss Baby! I hope she feels better soon. Your doing a great job with the gold leaf and surprise. I caught parts of a Katherine hepburn movie last night with Cary Grant. The parts I saw were good. Merry Christmas, Cheri

The Barn Door said...

Oh no, hope Miss Baby will be ok!!! So glad you are relaxing and enjoying yourselves!!

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

I like the way your project turned out and even sweeter with the little note inside it. And your vistor to your porch is beautiful. We dont have cardinals here. Last time I saw one was when we were in South Calolina two years ago. Thank You for stopping by this evening.....Julian

moosecraft said...

Now how cute is that walnut? Great token of friendship! Poor Miss Baby is right... i've seen kids with croup and it is so scary... you feel so helpless... You can always plan a grand party for when David clears completely! :-) All in good time! :-)

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Poor little Miss Baby! I hope she feels better soon. I love that walnut...with it's little treasure inside. You both sound snug...watching Christmas flicks and knitting away. Still no snow for us. Have a lovely week!
Hugs,
Courtney

Judy said...

I am rather enjoying our, more then usual, quiet Christmas time this year too.

Unknown said...

Beautiful capture of the bird. And, hope that beautiful baby is ok.
Merry Christmas
TTFN ~
Marydon

Pat said...

Hoping your sweet girl is doing better...croup is a scary thing. Love your walnut...cute idea!

Balisha said...

Tell us more about your dump. Is is an actual dump where things are tossed...or a flea market type store?
I remember those scary nights when my little boy had croup. We used to take him in the bathroom and turn on the shower. I hope she feels better soon so she can enjoy Christmas.
Balisha

Julia said...

It's never fun having our little one get sick. I always worry a lot. I hope that Miss Baby will be feeling better soon. My little James was sick too and he's cutting teethes.

Your gold walnut ornament is just precious. What a great find at the dump, especially gold leaf. That is awesome.

Watching movies with David is just perfect for this time of year, no need for a crowd.

Have a Blessed week. JB

Julia said...

I love the cardinal on the post. He's such a pretty bird and I love the songs in the spring. I have some coming to the feeder but I miss them most of the time as they are early feeders and I'm at the barn. Once in a while I see them. JB

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

My sister's children use to get the croup and as soon as they stop running the wood stove and fireplace they never got it again. {Drs. suggestion) It's scary to hear that horrible cough. Great dump finds. I love the walnuts.

Stacy said...

I love the nut! It is such a neat idea. I love slowing down and enjoying peace and the comfort it brings. Merry Christmas.