Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Night Of Gifts

I think mother nature was playing with us today. It was sunny and warm, so warm you could go with out a winter coat. But we know what she has in store for us. There are more storms lurking and more winter blasts. But for today we will enjoy this reprieve. Thank You Mother Nature                       
 I told you in the last post that I was going to ladies night. Well it was wonderful the men cooked shrimp appetizers, chicken Marsala, with wild rice, baked squash, and brownie sundays enough to serve the 13 of us with lots left over. mmmmmm Great Job guys and lots and lots of wine. We are a group of women mostly in our 50's so we are on the second chapter of life. Grand children, children finishing up college, etc. We are from all walks of life and have all diffrent kinds of jobs it is a wonderful mix. So it was started a while ago to celebrate the first grand child with a bracelet. Last night I was presented with a beautiful bracelet and a card I will cherrish. Thank you my wonderful friends I love you all. This is not a good picture of the bracelet but it is pink and green with pearls mixed in, custom made especially for me.
 Then when I got home I checked the mail box on the way in and I received my box of winnings from Rose. It looks so official the Royal mail.......
 And when I opened it! All wrapped and a sweet note inside each package.
 I just love everything she sent me! What a wonderful surprise. Thank you Rose so much!
You have to go to my daughter's blog for a laugh : )

17 comments:

yaya said...

Now that sounds like a really fun evening! The best part being the time spent with good friends and the men cooking all that yummy food! Beautiful bracelet, plus a box of goodies...can't beat that for a great day!

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

yes the weather was divine today and i thought the same thing...i know what will come..kudos to those men to cook like that! i love that bracelet, it is so beautiful and those darling little gifts....if you don't want that cute birdy i'll take it! :)

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

What a nice time you have with your group. Glad the dinner was yummy. I headed over to your lovely daughter's blog. She is too funny.

Vintage Gal said...

I know how you feel about the weather ~ we are enjoying 50 degrees today ~ but not for long. Lovely to get gifts in the mail ~ they make you smile :-) I'll hop over for a chuckle

Rose H (UK) said...

Sounds like you had a lovely sunny day, the ladies night sounds perfect - and what a super card and bracelet!
I'm so pleased that you like your 'prizes' :o) and they arrived safely in one piece - believe me the pleasure was mine.
Hugs
Rose H

Larkrise garden girl said...

What a bunch of treasures. Your daughters blog was funny!I am glad you had such good days with family and friends. Cheri

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Congrats on your bracelet! I love symbolic gifts like that, don't you? Women of our age group are extremely interesting, I think! They have such wisdom--and great humor!
Have a good evening!
Courtney

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

chicken marsala sounds so good!
★Linda★

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Sounds like my kind of get together! Love the bracelet, how thoughtful!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a lovely evening, Nice prize too! Our weather is going to behave for a couple of days and then that's it for awhile.
Enjoy your weekend,
Rosemary...X

Susan Freeman said...

Hi Cathy! We had the same weather here in Idaho, sunny and mild one minute and then violent winds and pelting hail the next. I always think of February as being a tough weather month. What wonderful friends you have and what great treasures you have received! Have a great weekend no matter what kind of weather you have.

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Mimi Sue said...

Sounds like lots of fun! Your bracelet is gorgeous. Lucky you to receive so many cool things. Love what you found at the dump. Have a great weekend. Mimi

Donna said...

What a wonderful day and look at the fun loot!! Have a great weekend!!

Alyssa said...

Oh nice! You must have been bursting with smiles! Congrats! Alyssa

Martha said...

What a pretty bracelet and what a special card!

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Goodness it was a night of gifts starting with the beautiful weather.
Love that you have a evening like this with such close friends and the bracelet gift is a special way to celebrate your babies.
Now you have made me hungry talking about your menu. lol
Glad though I got to visit you today. I have missed coming by here
Love ya
Maggie

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

What a cool idea!
And it's been warm here too this week....just enough to get us all ready for spring, but knowing that old man winter still has a few tricks up his sleeve!!!
:)