Sunday, January 2, 2011

What I Did On My Christmas Vacation

           

     
It is back to work tomorrow. I had a week off between Christmas and New Years. I am not ready to go back, but ready or not, back I go. So how did I spend my vacation? First I got to read a few books. I had been in a dry spell of not reading so it was nice to get back to the books.


                                                                                    
 And I watched a few old movies. I love old movies and stayed up late watching them.
 I dug out my hooking and have started back on this huge rug again. I need to get this finished.
 and oh yea we became grand parents!
We also got to visit with friends and family. So as you can see we packed a lot into one week.
new years resolutions??? Well the same as everyone. Lose weight, get organized, save money.
But what I really want to do is: have more people in for rug hooking and tea,
I want to be known as the best hugger ever.
I want to send more hand written notes to friends and family. Just to say hi or I was thinking of you today.
I want to laugh out loud every day.
 I will drop every thing to have fun.
I will count my many blessings everyday.
When I have to chose between things I will chose by saying " On my death bed will I be happy I chose this?" Because in the end that is all that really matters right?
I will finish this rug!!!!
Welcome to all my new followers! leave me a comment so I can find you.
A very happy new year to you all!!

19 comments:

Larkrise garden girl said...

What a great thought, I especially like to be known as the best hugger ever. The baby is so sweet and Oh yes the Rug looks grand! Cheri

Lisa said...

You have had an eventful time off. I love the cute baby pic. How precious. I also love the colors in the rug. Just wonderful. Look forward to more pictures. Lisa

Kim said...

It's nice to see your rug. Beautiful. But nothing beats that sweet little girl :)

Pat said...

Congratulations on your new grandchild. You will find your heart just isn't big enough for all the love you have for that beautiful baby!

Warmest Regards,
Pat

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Good choices ~ realistic ones ~ have a Happy Healthy 2011! Cute baby!!!

The Barn Door said...

LOVE your resolutions!! Sounds like you had a fantastic week off and I know you are so excited about that grandbaby!!!!
Have a great week!
Karen

Donna said...

The pics are great, your rug looks just awesome but that BABY is absolutely beautiful!!! Have a wonderful new year with lots to keep you busy!

Julia said...

So glad that you had a nice vacation and I love your resolutions. My wish to you is that you be happy and have fun in 2011. Have fun seeing your granddaughter Brynlee Kate grow.
I love that gorgeous rug and the colors are great.You are doing such a great job. What cut are you using? JB

moosecraft said...

Happy New Year Grandma!!! A cute little baby too! Your rug is gorgeous! Can't wait to see more of it finished! Absolutely love your resolutions... I think I will adopt them too! :-)

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Southern California.

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to :-)

God Bless You, ~Ron

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Thanks for stopping by! That was the 1st time I made carbonara and I'll be making it again, hubby loved the leftovers! I love your resolutions for the New Year! A friend and I were thinking about taking rug hooking classes, it looks like so much fun! Don't work too hard!

Jane said...

I loved your new years resolutions too! mine is to read my bible more, and just try and be a better person.I am following your blog, hope you follow mine as well,blessings, jane

Rugs and Pugs said...

Oh, Cathy ~
What wonderful resolutions. We should all follow your lead.
Brynlee is beautiful. Many congratulations!
Hugs :)
Lauren

from me to thee......... said...

evening...well, we have quite a bit in common...thanks so much for the kind words on my blog, I have come to join yours, smiles, Linda

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Congratulations on that new precious grandbaby girl...doesn't it just make your hear sing???

I can't wait to see your finished rug, sweetie it's gonna be gorgeous. I'm quite smitten with the colors you've chosen.

God bless ya and have yourself a magnificent New Year!!! :o)

saltbox
treasures
said...

Hi Cathy, sounds like good goals for the year and a nice winter break. Enjoy that baby! They are the best! You will have such a wonderful first year as grandma! Happy New Year!
~ Julie

Jane said...

thank you for following my blog,I appreciate that so much,right now am in a hurry, but will be back,thanks again,blessings jane

Jane said...

thanks so much for following! I thought the rug was so pretty! I bet that takes a lot of patience.got to go now be back later,thanks again! blessings,jane

Unknown said...

Such a little sweetie...Congrats. to you all...