Thursday, December 16, 2010

JOY

First I want to thank everyone for their kind comments on my last post. It really meant a lot to me.
I want to share my mantle. I just got this joy I think it is German glass or silver glitter as it has tarnished at bit. I walked into the thrift store and the girl running it said I bet Cathy wants this. She was right for .25 oh yeah.                                                                                                                                   
 These snow shoes are my step-father's which he doesn't use any more so up they go on the wall.
with a real wreath but fake roping.
Since the dump has had nothing lately I went to the thrift store today. I got this wee little Christmas shoe, I believe it is vintage japan. An elf must of lost it. Bought for a wee quarter.
 I also got this light it is pretty rusty and I thought I would spray it black but when I got it home I liked it had the rust.
 A candle ring and a little shade and my rusty 1.00 light is so cute. I love little lamps every where.
 my last thing is a winter rug I hooked several years ago. I really like it and keep it out all winter. can you see my kitty Sadie going to check out the snowman??? And the little house with the star? Lets just say it is a necessary room ha.
Have a great weekend! we are off to Portsmouth to tour strawbery banke all dressed up for Christmas.

9 comments:

Donna said...

You winter hooked rug is such a treasure!!! beautiful!! Perfect thing to take a new grandbaby's picture on!!!

Larkrise garden girl said...

What a darling rug! Cheri

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cathy ~
What a wonderful rug! Love it!!!
I'm glad you decided against painting the rusty litte lamp. It looks great and I love the joy sign. How neat you were given the snowshoes.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I am as usual in awe of the things you find. I think my problem is I lack vision. I need to keep an open mind and see beyond the dust and rust. That little light is just the cutest accent lamp. The vintage Santa boot would look adorable filled with greens.

saltbox
treasures
said...

Such great vintage finds! I wish I could shop with you. You can't buy anything at our thrift stores for a quarter. Love that vintage JOY banner!
I just got caught up on your blog :). We have been away celebrating Christmas with our kids. Merry Christmas!
~ Julie

One Cheap B*tch said...

You always find the best stuff! I love your stepdad's snow shoes. Perfect touch over the fire place!

Jeanine

lace & arsenic said...

..needed my cathy fix...xx0x00x0x0 lovely, kath..

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Once again you have scored! I love the candle! And the "J O Y" on your mantle! Have a wonderful day!

yaya said...

Hi! I jumped by from Starkey Hollow and I really enjoy your blog...I did smile when I read your profile and saw that you loved magazines because I think I'm a magaholic! The post about your Mom was so sweet. I'm blessed to still have my Mom. We live in separate cities, but I talk to her daily and we visit as much as possible. I love the "JOY" sign by the way! Have a great week!