Thursday, December 2, 2010

Still Decorating

I am still decorating! Ok I go to work in between and I have had a cold. But I am still decorating.
 This snowman is one of my husband's creations. He is pretty cute,(the snowman and the husband). As you can see what snow we had is now gone but more is on the way.
 This is on the my husband's shop the door is a brighter red not this orange.
 And of course the potting shed.
 Today was dump day and I found a good one. This is a vanity mirror. I thought is might be a new one pressed wood ,but no way it is maple and has a very old heavy mirror. It needs to be cleaned up but it is in great shape.
 Then on to the thrift store to drop of a donation. Ok I couldn't just drop and run could I ???? I found this cake plate. I have to go to a cookie swap in a couple of weeks and I think this would make a great hostess gift one whole dollar. I also got a new white blouse in my size from Talbots with  all the tags!!!!!                                                                       I have  a sore throat so I am off to take a nice hot shower and get into bed early. Welcome to my new follower! Let me know what you have all been up to and how your holiday decorating is going. Have a great night

15 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Great scores! Especially the solid maple mirror!
Love your outside decor!
*Linda*

Cathy G. said...

Love your outside decorations! That snowman IS cute!! Wow I can't believe that mirror was a throw away! It is really really nice!
I like to pick up cute plates too for cookies. That one is super cute!
Hope you get to feeling better........sounds like you may have a touch of the flu. Plenty of rest and warm liquids........ to drink or soak in LOL!
Cathy G

One Cheap B*tch said...

Freezing here too! Luckily my hubby did the lights this past weekend when it wasn't so chilly. I love those skis and you know I love that shed!

Jeanine

Julia said...

I love your decorations and that mirror... JB

Unknown said...

Great finds! I love the outdoor decor!

Larkrise garden girl said...

You did good at the thrift store!I went to drop off things at the thrift store today and bought a pyrex measuring cup for my wools.I have decided to start getting rid of my Christmas decorations I am not using.I finished a snowman quilt that needed to be binded today Finally!Cheri

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

The sled with greens is my favorite I think. Although the snowman comes in a close second. The maple mirror would be beautiful on a dressing table. Do people even have them anymore? I have always wanted one since I was a little girl. There is an empty spot in my bedroom where I know a dressing table would look great there. I even know what kind of little bench/stool I would sit on. As usual a great post.

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

A Talbot's shirt with the tags!! You are a lucky girl, for sure!!! Love the potting shed door!!

Reduce, Reuse and Rummage said...

I love the skis! Very creative. You are lucky to have a snow-free yard to decorate.

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Such cute outdoor decor!

Carmen and the Primcats

Rugs and Pugs said...

Oh, Cathy ~
I just love your potting shed. The blue door is wonderful and when I enlarged the pic I got to see your pottery bird house. VERY COOL!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Donna said...

LOVE all your ideas...it all looks just charming!!!

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Your decorating photos are all too beautiful to choose a favorite! Great shopping scores! I love the mirror, do you have any ideas on how you'll use it? I see a big candle in a hurricane lamp reflecting off it, of course you may see something completely different, LOL!!!

Bunnym said...

love, love everything...the potting shed, the snowman, the plate and the white blouse....and i love that you shopped while still under the weather...you go girl!!

tootles,
bunny

vintagesue said...

sweet kitchen!! very cozy and adorable!!!!
i love when you post your dump day finds!!!! super awesome mirror. love it!!!
take care
sue