Thursday, December 23, 2010

All Ready

What do you do with gingerbread men that you have baked just a little to long?? You hang them by their necks on a tree outside for the birds and squirrels                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
 I have all of the odds and ends all bought. When the family gets together each family buys 20.00 worth of scratch tickets we separate them and put them all together in a basket and draw one out for each adult each round, scratch and then see if anyone won that round and we continue until all tickets are drawn. We have been doing this for about 10 years and the largest amount won 50.00 on one ticket and I think there is at least 100.00 worth of tickets each year. So to say that scratch tickets are a losing proposition is an understatement.
 Today was my last thrift before Christmas. I love the snowman candles and will burn them tomorrow night. the box under is angel hair. I had an aunt that would use this and I thought she was so progressive!
 and I got the candle holder for 1.00 it is all wax you just put a glass votive holder inside. just what I needed to finish off my friends gift.
 There was a whole stack of free magazines so I picked out what I wanted, all set for the next snow storm.
My daughter is at the doctors for her weekly check still nothing but waiting to hear what she finds out.
Her due date is the 27th but they told her any day now two weeks ago. I wish they hadn't said that! Now she is a bit upset that she could spend Christmas in the hospital. My poor baby. We are all anxious but I am sure that our grand daughter will come when she is ready and not before.
To all my wonderful Blogging friends You are all just the most amazing people. I count you among my many blessing. Have a Wonderful Christmas.

15 comments:

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Cathy, I love your goodies that you find. The gingerbread men cookies idea is a great way to help out the birds. I hope your grandaughter is born healthy and happy!Cheri

Julia said...

Waiting for a new grandchild can seem so long. Hope that the little one comes soon. I love the snowmen candles and the Birds & Blooms magazines. Have a Merry Christmas. JB

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cathy ~
Merry Christmas to you and you loved ones!
Hugs :)
Lauren

The Barn Door said...

Love the thrift finds!! How exciting to be awaiting the birth of a grandbaby!!
Happy Holidays,
Karen

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Merry Christmas Cathy, and a wonderful New Year. Looking forward to looking at all your thrifty treasures in 2011!!!!

Karen Whittal said...

What awesome ideas, your gifts look stunning, I also look forward to following your blog in 2011

Donna said...

A Christmas baby will be fun...just wait and see!! Blessing for that event...I'll be thinking of you! You house is ready so everthing will be a surprise. I do the same with lottery tickets...we got $10...once! lol

One Cheap B*tch said...

Merry Christmas Cathy! Every year I stuff some lotto cards in my hubby's stocking - hopefully one of us will win big this year! =)

Jeanine

Sarah Pinault said...

Happy Christmas Cathy - I may have to deliberately over bake my gingerbread from now on!

Kim said...

Merry Christmas. I hope your grandbaby arrives soon and your daughter can relax a bit. Love your hanging gingerbread man!

Cathy G. said...

Hoping the baby arrives soon and that you and your family have a very Merry Christmas! So glad I found your blog Cathy! I really look forward to reading it and seeing your wonderful finds!
Thanks for visiting my blog too and your comments!
Hugs!
Cathy G

Teri said...

Hi Cathy,
Hey great idea on the overbaked ginger! I'll have to try that next year.
Thanks for stopping by ... Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
Peace and Joy to you and yours.
Teri♥♥♥

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

These last few days before the baby comes are always so anxious! I hope everything goes smoothly for the new family.

Have a very Merry Christmas.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cathy ~
Any baby news? I hope all is well and you had a very Merry Christmas!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Merry Christmas! Unlike you, one of my sister's was very lucky with the scratch tickets this year! She won about $1,500! I won $5.00 - LOL! Love to hear about your treasures! Hope the baby makes an appearance before the new year!