Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Kitchen That Smiles

It has been a busy weekend. On Sat I went to one church fair then met my daughter and we went to Maine. The little town we went to was having ladies weekend. We kept getting little gifts or discount in each store we went into very fun. So since it is close to Christmas I did Christmas. I bought this wooden hanging. It is one piece of wood that is hollow someone put a bent twig on it to make it into a greens holder or flowers I love it, so simple.                                                    
 I found a few cute Santas and a vintage reindeer and snowman at the church sale super cheap.
 Also at the church sale 6 Christmas light bulbs. I looked them up on eBay 4 are going for 42.00 I do not know if they work yet but for 6.00 it was a buy..
 I found 5 of these winter glasses. It is very hard to get a good picture of them but they are very grama moses looking. I paid 4.oo Then my daughter and I went in an antique store and saw the same ones for 24.00 that made me very happy.
 At a hospital thrift store I found Talbots pants with all the tags that fit me. Score! and then I found the light weight red sweater with all the tags from Marshalls. Great Christmas outfit.


I have told you we are hosting a party in a few weeks so I have been trying to peck away at the cleaning list. First I cleaned the windows and changed the curtains. I have had these curtains for a long time and  I always go back to them, I still like them. I am not sure if you see the stars hanging in the window.                                                                                                                                        
 My husband cut out enough stars that I can hang them in every window.

the kitchen has exposed beams. That leaves a lot of space on the top of my cupboards. I have some tin picnic baskets a sled and birdhouse and few assorted thing. It gets dirty up there and I hate to clean it.  The cobwebs that I have been decorating with for years : ) were everywhere. And it was greasy from cooking so a good cleaning and my kitchen almost smiles Ahhh its done.
The weather was sunny but the temperature is dropping fast! we have the wood stove going as oil is going up again!  I made the pantry cakes I will show you a picture of them next time.
Welcome to my 2 new followers. and you comments were wonderful. The cookie cutters really hit home with people Thank you for each and every one of your visits and comments.Have a great night and stay warm.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds like you had a good time. I like all your treasures. I understand about cleaning the space above your cupboards. I have a ton of things on my cabinets and it can be difficult. The scary thing is that I usually take pictures of how I had all the stuff. It doesn't take so long to get it back together. lol. That might be a sign that I have too much.......Noooooo. Have a great night.

Julia said...

There's nothing like expecting visitors to get us scrambling to tidy up the place to make it presentable. It's universal. When it's done it feels so good. I love your vintage glasses. I 'm sure that your party will be a hit with everyone. I do the same as you when I find something that Is old and that I like, I look it up on eBay too to justify paying what I did for thing. JB

Kim said...

Those Christmas light bulbs are so unique. I've never seen anything like them before. They look like paper lanterns.
I find having company a great excuse to house clean. I usually corral up a few giant dust bunnies in the process. lol

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Sounds like you had a great time.
I love the curtains. I'd be keeping them, too. They look perfect with your woodwork.
Linda :)

Donna said...

Love your unusual vase...and the curtains...and the stars!!! Just looks so cozy and charming!!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cathy ~
You got some great bargains! I love the vintage reindeer and the Christmas bulbs.
I still need to finish washing my kitchen floor yet this evening so the house will be done except for the hooking room. Cleaning is no fun but is so nice when it's done!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones!
Pug hugs : )
Lauren

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Oh those curtains are great!

Carmen and the Primcats

Susanne said...

Love those winter/Christmas glasses, score on the price. Having company is a great motivator for me to clean house. Usually it's the bare minimum for 'just' us. Ha.
Susanne.