Friday, November 26, 2010

A Little Decorating

I woke up this morning to this! freezing rain, sleet, and snow. Not fit for birds or beast.
 I was able to take a few things off my to do list. First I finished the christmas card basket.
 I did take it apart and I still have a problem, the bottom is not as nice as it should be. But  it is finished and I will make another one after the holidays.
We did have a chance to pull out some of our decorations. I found a lamp shade that I made a few years ago out of christmas cards. Not to bad on my dump find lamp.


 I have collected little vintage carboard houses, I now set it up in a little cupboard in the kitchen.
 This is a close up of one little section. My husband set it up for me while I was doing other things, He did a great job.
 My mom had found this fold out story card that has the night before christmas story printed on it I would say 50's
Our Thanksgiving was quiet, we watched a few old christmas movies, have you ever seen Going My Way with Bing? If not it is a must see. We also did a little bit of decorating. Welcome to my new followers leave me a comment so I can find your blogs. I love all of your comments. My daughter and I are making some batches of hot cocoa and gingerbread men mix to put in caning jars for gifts. I will share after. Have a great weekend.

13 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cathy ~
I just LOVE your little cardboard houses and hubby did a great job with them. Can you spare hubby for a few days and send him to Ohio?
I hope your Thanksgiving was the best ever.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Yes, you are right about that movie--it gets me every time! Your holiday decorating is going well. I still have the fall things out. Hope the ice melts and the freezing rain stops! Linda

Cathy G. said...

Hi Cathy,
We just had that weather here a couple of days ago.......very miserable! And the last two days have been bone chilling cold. Highs around 8 degrees. Warmer weather coming though.
Love the little cardboard houses and displayed so perfectly :-) I could use a little decorating help here too! I am soooooo not getting anything done but you have inspired me to keep trying!
Have a great weekend!
Cathy G

Rose H (UK) said...

Nature has made a grand job on the bird feeder! (I know not so good for you though).
Love your little houses, they display looks beautiful. I'm afraid I don't decorate until a week before Christmas, they drive me nuts otherwise..Hope you have a great weekend.

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

You have the neatest things. Your basket came out wonderful I thought. Hopefully this afternoon I will have my kids drag out the Christmas decorations and I can begin to decorate. Oh, your cardboard houses are treasures.

Donna said...

That freezing rain is not a fun thing, huh? Your house looks warm and cozy ...just the perfect pair for hot chocolate! mmm! When would you like me to come over???

moosecraft said...

I like those cardboard houses a lot! We used to have them when I was a kid, but many of them got damaged and/or lost. Along with the bottle brush trees.... oh well.I could start another collection? lol! Your home is looking very festive!

One Cheap B*tch said...

Your basket came out great! And that pop open card is fabulous! I'm so ready to break out all of my decorations!

Jeanine

Julia said...

I love your vintage cardboard houses display. Your house is looking very festive and hubby did a fantastic job. I wish I had a nice display like yours. Thanks for sharing those pictures with us. It's like stepping back in time when the pace was slower and families and friends gathered to share the festivities and not so much about all the hype of Christmas shopping like Black Friday... JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

I love the little cardboard houses! I think putting lights in the back of them was a good idea.I've started bringing out my decorations.
Cheri

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

How lovely are your decorations! Those vintage houses are just beautiful!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Love the little houses - they bring back memories for me from my childhood!!

And for some good holiday news: You are the WINNER of my giveaway - $45.00 to spend at CSN - I have to email them for a special code for you to use (I have done this myself and it is very simple to do, will send you directions with the code) and if you spend more than that, you can just charge the difference. I have actually ordered 3 different times and they are a great company to deal with. Be patient, if I don't hear from them by Tues, you'll have to wait a week til I return from Florida!! Congrats, I will be in touch

Dog Trot Farm said...

Not only do I love your cardboard house collection, but love the cupboard. My hate is off to Hubby he did a fantastic job!