Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Rain In Spain

The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain. The other day a customer came in to answer our trivia question of the day and I am not sure just exactly what I said but he looks at me and says "Are you from Maine?" Yep why???? "Oh I could tell." Now just what did that mean? Then he tells me he is from Maine, a lot of conversation later I find out he went to college in Maine not from. Not quite the same thing and I tell him so. If a cat had kittens in the oven you wouldn't call them biscuits would you! Another Maine gem.Ok I know I do not pronounce an "R" in any thing. This is not the first time this has happened. The first time it was brought up I was insulted and now I could care less. I think??? I am a Maine girl living in NH. I have been in NH for 33 years. I guess I just can't let Maine go : ).  This is part of our burning bushes lining our back yard (or yad)
 I found this magazine among some used ones. This is a real magazine, self-help with a sense of humor. so it says. But what a title for self-help ha.
 On Wed I go to work at 10 so I get some thrifting time before work. I found some pretty wonderful clothes. This is my stack. Talbots,j.jill,liz golf,and one I have never heard of.

This is for my husband, Brooks,patagonia, eastern sport, and a lowe sport. all light weight for layering that he likes to do.                                                                                                      
 And the most comfortable pair of shoes I ever felt. They feel like slippers. Total spent 27.00 not bad huh.
Remember the snow and frost we had? forget that, we are in the high 60's and mid 70's. lots of rain which we need but I am sick of. I will show a picture of my rug soon I have had some good hooking time.
I just washed the kitchen floor and cleaned the bathrooms, off to get laundry out of dryer AND then I can hook. Welcome to my new follower! My daughter said I am begging to much for comments. I say what ever works. I love those comments.

10 comments:

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

What great finds. Really looking forward to seeing your rug. I do not like muggy weather especially in October.

Kim said...

That magazine seems like it was written just for me. LOL I want to see your rug too. We are having wet mild weather too. Not as yucky as snow though.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cathy ~
And exactly what is wrong with begging?
I love your cat in the oven comment. I've never heard that before, but then I've never been to Maine (but I've been to Spain).
Cute shoes!
Looking forward to seeing rug progress.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

I loved that cat in the oven comment, too ~ I laughed out loud!! Beg on! Your daughter does not know how much comments mean to bloggers ~ it confirms for us that someone is out there reading our words ~ no matter what they are!!

Cathy G. said...

Yep, whatever it takes to get those comments! Love all your finds again! I need you to help me shop those thrifts.......you have a definite talent!
I'm glad you are getting some hooking time in......mine's come to a complete halt at the moment!
Keep the rain in Maine! LOL
Cathy G

Kim @ Touch of Nostalgia said...

What bargains! :) I love a comfy pair of shoes. They never seem to last long enough...as I'll wear them to death if they're comfy.

Nuttin wrong looking for comments. ;) I know I sent my daughter (she doesn't blog) your way and she told me she sat down to just to take a quick look at your blog and finally got up an hour and a half later. ;)

Hoping the rain here in NY quits for a bit as I have a yardful of leaves to get raked up today.

Have a wonderful day!

~Kim

moosecraft said...

LOL! That's OK... I never hear anybody pretending to be from "Joisey"... I'd much rather pretend I'm from Maine! LOL! I do love the comment about a cat having "biscuits" in the oven!!! Cleverly stated! I have thrift-find envy here! Those are some high dollar names...

BubbeShell said...

LOL...I left Brooklyn for Joisey 31 years ago. I just leave out my R's at the end of words and put them in where they don't belong (ex. Martha=Marther, lawyer=lawya). which is better...saying I'm from Joisey or brooklyn? Oy!

Jacqueline said...

Loved the cat comment..and really enjoy your blog. Love when you share pictures.

SouthernHeart said...

What a great thrift store you must have! Just discovered your blog recently and am enjoying it.