Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I Won! I Won!

I won! I won! I won! My very first blog prize is from Lauren at http://www.rugsandpugs.blogspot.com/
It is a beautiful punched fall mat. I can't wait to get my hot little hands on it.
She posted about my large rug I am working on. This rug is 4ft 6in square so I thought I would show you my progress. Not that much since I last posted it. I was stumped about the roping around the rug I tried red but it looked like the flowers were losing it's leaves. but I dug this out of my stash and it seems to work with my other colors.


I have hooked another large rug, this rug is just shy of 3ft by 8ft. It is in my upstairs hall I usually have it upside down so the sun coming in the sky lights doesn't fade it.



and what would a blog post be with no pictures of dump finds???? All free and pretty cute. I really like the pottery star candle holder. and the crystal is signed.


thank you for all of your lovely comments I love to see them I even peek at work to see if I have any new comments. Again Thank you Lauren!
Have a great rest of the week.

7 comments:

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

What beautiful work you do. Your rugs are amazing. The older I get the more I feel the need to do something with my hands, something artful. The only problem is I am not very artistic. I really long for some type of craft to do. Thank you for commenting on my post.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cathy ~
Congrats on your first blog win :)
Your rug is looking wonderful and the size of the other one you hooked is unbelievable. In my lifetime I will probably not hook something that big!
Comments are fun to get, aren't they? And 41 followers ~ woo hoo!
Hugs :)
Lauren

moosecraft said...

Congrats on winning Lauren's giveaway!!! Love the color choices in the tulip cross rug and that runner is sooooo gorgeous!

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE your rug... I have the PERFECT spot for it, hehe!!! It is WONDERFUL, you are a very talented lady...
Hugs to you,
Donna

Kim said...

Your rugs are beautiful. I'm sure your new punched mat from Lauren will find a lovely home with them!

Teri said...

Hi Cathy,
Your rug is just beautiful! You are so very talented! And congrats on your win!
I am however a bit envious of you being in N.H. at the nost beautiful time of year!
When we lived in MA. our back yard was in N.H. (Richmond) still miss the old homestead a bit ... but not in the winter!
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Teri♥♥♥

Sharlene Washington said...

I love your runner. The colors are beautiful. What a great idea to turn the rug over to slow down the fading on the front but you still get the utility of it. How clever you are!