Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fall in Maine

Thirty five years ago today I said I do and I still do. We decided to take a day in Maine. We saw a lot of sights along the way, this one was the most fun. This field was large and full of pumpkins. We went to Limmick Maine to an apple orchard and a very sweet gift shop. They had these apple trees around the driveway. they were hanging with apples, so lovely.
I got this cement squirrel I think I will paint him white and antique him a little or is it her?

Then we went to Cornish Maine and to Cornish Trading Company. It is a beautiful antique store but a bit pricey. I collect vintage Santa's I love the ones from the 50's and all of his modes of transportation. This is a fireman Santa, my husband most of his adult life has been a firefighter. So this was a good find. It was a bit more than I would normally pay but my husband said when are you ever get a chance to buy him again? When he's right, he's right!


I told you I was going to a church rummage sale, So here are a few things I found. this card game I thought I would do something crafty, any ideas? The game book, I want to learn to play cribbage so I thought it would help.


I also found some small pieces of vintage Christmas fabric. I think I will put plain fabric on the back and make pillow cases. The Christmas music was super cheap and who could pass up Frank,Bing, and Nat king Cole????? So smooth.


I found some wool I always look for old skirts to rip up for my rugs. I follow a blog that she makes the most amazing children's clothing from old skirts. www.lamaisonlafortune.blogspot.com



Welcome to my new followers!!! I have tried to post to my blog for hours but I kept having problems. I was going to make pumpkin fudge but time for bed. I will try to make it tomorrow I am the worst fudge maker in the world so if it comes out I will pass it along.
Have a great week.


6 comments:

A New England Life said...

I hope you and your husband had a wonderful trip! Maine is so pretty right now. Lot's of good bargains to be had I see. Good for you!

Kim said...

Happy Anniversary. It looks like you had a wonderful day. And yes, the fireman was to good to pass on. I hope your pumpkin fudge turns out and you will pass on the recipe. :)

Sarah Pinault said...

My neck of the woods! Glad you had fun - please tell me pastries were had at Krista's? Happy Anniversary.

la maison LaFortune said...

Happy Anniversary! Looks like a wonderful time was had by you guys in Maine. How sweet of you to mention my blog! Where would I start to look if I wanted to try rug hooking? Is it difficult? Thanks for any info.

Kathleen said...

Happy Anniversary! I am glad you celebrated and had an enjoyable day! Many more healthy years to you!

lace & arsenic said...

wow! what a bunch of great pictures..trip, finds and fun!!...glad u got david outta the house, looks like a romantic day!!!...