Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Thrifty finds


Well I got to go to one of my favorite thrift stores that I only get to go to on the weekends.
pay dirt! the little plates with the fruit on them are hand made. Not sure but I think it is a pottery very cute. I got a whole bag of linens the rest I am washing. Julia child's cookbook, a box of vintage playing cards the flowered fabric on the bottom is a sheet set, very cheery, a couple of little pretty pieces that would go on furniture etc. And my favorite of it all the vintage sunbeam mixmaster! I am now on the hunt for the dough hook and a paddle it had. Oh I have such dreams of me in an apron making cupcakes with my mixmaster. Of course I would be in a cute dress, pearls and heels.
I have known the girl that runs the thrift store for awhile now and she said "I love the beaters they are nice and wide just right for licking"She's right!
Just a little note about my antique booth. It is going well I went last Sat that would be 8 days that I was in there and I have already made rent plus.
They are calling for snow flurries this Sat so not much for yard sales yet.

1 comment:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Great finds!
Congrats on the success of your antique booth. Rent + is good, especially for only 8 days. Woo hoo!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren