Sunday, March 21, 2010

yard sale finds

The first yard sale of the season and I believe that they were antique dealers weeding out. While the prices where not yard sale low. I was able to make a few deals so that I may make a little money at my antique booth. OK OK I am thinking that I may keep a couple of the things. the two oil pictures, one is on a slag glass that is flowers I am in love with. and the other is of a water fall. the linens are yummy with embroidery on them and then one is a true linen with hand made lace. I also bought a shelving unit, an old bed tray (I have plans for),a box that has hand carved flowers on it.
The thrift stores really had nothing in them. I did get more sheet music for crafting.
The weather was so beautiful this weekend, we got a lot of yard work done. I know that a lot of you where shoveling snow. Oh how I know how that is. For several years we have had egg hunts in the snow. When the snow melted we would always find
the eggs that had gotten lost. We may get more snow yet as it is very early for this weather.
My poor old body rebelled from all of the work. I am one big ache right now and thinking a hot shower and some Motrin is in order. I am working on something for our yard that all the parts came from the dump. Can't wait to show you.



4 comments:

★Carol★ said...

Great finds, especially that oil painting. Lovely! And so is your blog header!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Hi Cathy ~
I found your blog from the comment you left with Alice at Folk Art Primitives.
Your blog is off to a great start and was fun to read. I don't thrift often ~ the only one I know of in my area is the GW and I NEVER find anything there.
I, too, am a hooker. I hope you will share what is on your frame and your daughter's wedding rug.
If you get a chance, I'd love for you to stop by my blog.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and I see my friend, Lauren, has already been to visit you! Get that hook out and start hooking away!! I wish I could hook every day ~ and I think it's like anything else, once you put it down, it's hard to get back to! Would love to see your progress ~ we'll be waiting!!
Alice

Sarah and Jack said...

That art is GORGEOUS.